How can I keep from singing and getting songs stuck in my head? I can't. There are quite a few songs that I have been hitting that replay button on over and over again the last few weeks. I thought since I have all of these songs stuck in my head, perhaps you would like to hear (read) what I've been listening to over and over again too. Maybe you'll totally dig my current playlist, and maybe it's not for you and you'll say 'no thank you...so not my kinda music...but you keep on listening girl!' I'll share my current song 'obsessions' with you, but first I've gotta tell you in mindless drivel why music is my thing...
I am so thankful for music in my life. I love teaching piano...and playing the piano...and this d.o.t.k. loves to sing....anywhere and everywhere....anything and everything! Music is such a release for me. I have helped write a few lines of lyrics on a couple of old friends' songs. I so wish I could write the music to go along with the lyrics that from time to time I come up with in my head...or even the ones I have written out on notebook paper.
My family has always said that I should try out for American Idol....I think that they are CRAZY!!! I would never make it on American Idol. For one, I do not like to pigeon hold myself into one specific genre....I love too many different genres and could never be a 'certain type of artist.' For two, I get sick a lot before I sing solos in front of people.....I was getting a lot better right before I quit the praise band I was a part of (I quit for spiritual as well as leadership reasons.) For three, this girl loves to be on the road, but I wouldn't wanna live on the road! My Dad always jokes and says "well, I am a truck driver....so I could already drive your tour bus on the road because I've got the licence...let's go!' Cute idea....sweet thoughts...but for me music will just be a personal release. If God does call me to be in a band again like I was last year, then by all means I will go where He leads and I will sing/play keys if that is His will for me to be in a band again.
My Top 20 Fave Playlist (currently and in no particular order):
(1) 'Mother' by: Anberlin
(2) 'True Faith' by: Anberlin
(3) 'Perfect Tourniquet' by: Anberlin
(4) 'Knew It All' by: Needtobreathe
(5) 'Prisoner' by: Needtobreathe
(6) 'Promised Land' by: Fee
(7) 'Automatic' by: Tokio Hotel
(8) 'Darkside of the Sun' by: Tokio Hotel
(9) 'Strange' by: Tokio Hotel & Kerli
(10) 'Where's My Angel' by: Metro Station
(11) 'Meet Me On The Equinox' by: Death Cab For Cutie
(12) 'I Can't Help It' by: Nevertheless
(13) 'Stay (in my arms)' by: Nevertheless
(14) 'Monster' by: Skillet
(15) 'Supermassive Black Hole' by: Muse
(16) 'Fire It Up' by: Thousand Foot Krutch
(17) 'E for Extinction' by: Thousand Foot Krutch
(18) 'Smack Down' by: Thousand Foot Krutch
(19) 'Don't Leave Just Yet' by: Needtobreathe
(20) 'The Haunting' by: Anberlin *Jared you know why...*
Yes, I *heart* many multiple genres of music...the only genre's that I'm not particularly fond of are Country, Rap, and Heavy Metal. This chick loves Hard Rock, Pop, Movie Soundtracks, Video Game Music, some occasional techno music and anything acoustic.
My 5 Fave Top Bands As of Now Are:
-Thousand Foot Krutch-
-Daughter of the King