Yes, I am going to see the Phantom Of The Opera 25th Anniversary Live show at the *movie* theatre mah dears! To say that I am excited about Jared taking me out on a date to go see THE PHANTOM is hugely understated because truthfully I am beyond excited right now!
I've dreamed about seeing the actual live musical production for so many years now, that this is honestly a dream come true. And while I know that this is not LIVE it's live and that is seriously good enough for me. Maybe one day I will be able to see the production in London (for real) or even Paris. That would be heavenly. Until then though this - going to see it live in the movie theatre - is the best thing ever!
my beloved poto program and audio tapes
When I was around 8 I had the opportunity to go see the actual live production of POTO in Raleigh, NC, but sadly I thought that the phantom might have scared me a little and I backed out of going at the last minute. My mother went in my stead and brought me back a lovely production program and booklet. I have held onto that program booklet and cherished it for many many years, flipping through it's beautifully haunting photographs.
Sarah Brightman and Michael Crawford
My not having attended the best live musical on earth ever, I fully admit, is a day that I regret wholeheartedly. Ever since I had missed my chance to go I've listened to the old original London cast audio tapes from 1987 of POTO, the one with Sarah Brightman and Michael Crawford. (Actually I am listening to the tapes right now.) I think listening to the tapes is what has kept me sane for all of these years!
I've dreamed a dream and thought of it fondly....
I was the little girl who belted the songs from Les Miserables, Phantom of the Opera, Cats and Rigoletto out loud for all to hear from within the shower...loud enough surely for the birds outside to have wanted to cover their ears! Yes, I am a musical lover and enthusiast.
Random things about the Phantom and me:
- I can play Think of Me and all of the other songs on the piano.
- I can also sing them in French.
- I still listen to the audio tapes...surprisingly they haven't died yet!
- Organ music gives me the shivers.
- I own the novel by Gaston Leroux, but sadly have never read it all the way through.
- I still sing POTO songs in the shower.
- The POTO program is one of my most prized possessions.
- Joel Schumacher's The Phantom of the Opera is brilliance.
- Secretly I want All I Ask Of You to be played at my wedding.
- Lon Chaney as The Phantom is scarrrrrrryyyy.
- I've watched the movie version in French, Italian and Spanish.
Thanks for listening to my long winded Phantom rant ya'll! I'm so excited and October 2nd cannot come quick enough! (I'll make sure to tell you all about it!)
So, what are your favorite musicals? Are you a fellow Phantom Phan?