With this new year coming just around the corner I've been thinking very hard about what my focus needs to be this coming year. I've also been thinking over what my one word and one bible verse should be for myself and for oh, restless bird in the new year.
That said, I've decided that 2012 will be the year that I will seek to live a more peaceful life. This major worrier and restless soul will strive to live a life that is so greatly filled by my Jehovah-Shalom (God of Peace), and I will continue on my more-than-restless-in-all-the-right-ways-kind-of-a-woman lifestyle that I've discovered in 2011.
My One Word: Peace
My One Bible Verse: “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” john 14:27
In 2012 I will...
- seek to learn what it means to live a life of peace
- stay focused daily on living a more peace-filled life
- study every scripture there is on peace
- strive to keep peace in my relationships/friendships
- spend as much time as possible with my Jehovah-Shalom
- make a more conscious effort not to let worry consume me
- remind myself to be content (at peace), but never complacent
I'd love to hear what your one word and one Bible verse will be in 2012 if you chosen them already? Because I'm curious...What did you learn in 2011 that was a needed growing experience for you?
Oh, and may you all have a very blessed and peaceful new year! ;)